- The sharp (and probably sexy) uniform.
- The beautiful gown.
- The touching homecoming photos and videos.
- Long hours and late nights worked by my spouse.
- Weekends and holidays missed with my spouse.
- Months, the 6-months, the 13-months sleeping alone.
- Bill paying, yard mowing, home and car maintaining.
- Single parenting.
- Saying good-bye to friends.
- Packing and unpacking of my household.
- Finding new doctors, dentists, veterinarians, hair stylists.
- Attending new schools.
- Making new friends.
- Searching for jobs.
- Giving notice to jobs I’ve loved.
- Working jobs I didn’t love.
- Lack of upward mobility or professional accomplishment.
BUT I ALSO SEE:
- A strong, independent woman.
- A smart, self-starting, self-motivated woman.
- A brave woman.
- An organized woman.
- A resilient and reliable woman.
- A flexible, sometimes “jack of all trades” woman.
- An “I’m confident stepping out of my comfort zone because it’s the only way I’m going to meet new friends or find a job” woman.
- A goals driven woman.
- A friendly, caring, and supportive woman and friend.
- Resilient, brave, and adaptable children.
- Lessons learned, skills and experiences acquired thru jobs enjoyed, and those not enjoyed.
- Determination to build a successful business, on her own terms/schedule.
I see all this, because this is me! 💕
If I can help another military spouse, in the trenches, by giving military life tips/hacks, providing job hunting advice/tips (drawn from my corporate days in recruiting), introducing her to likeminded, business savvy entrepreneurs, or coaching and mentoring her in my business, I’m here to help. Sign up for my newsletter and we’ll be in touch.